We are proud to offer a strong group of teaching pros that bring a wealth of experience to our programs. Each one is dedicated to offering quality public tennis opportunities. Several of the pros teach the lessons and classes posted on our schedule, as well as offer private and semi-private lessons. Call Memorial Park at (719) 385-6023 or info@ColoradoSpringsTennis.com for more information or to schedule a lesson.
- PTR certified tennis pro and Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (C.S.C.S.) through the National Strength and Conditioning Association
- Current Director of Tennis for Colorado Springs, El Paso County and Manitou Springs
- Current assistant men’s and women’s tennis coach at Colorado College
- Competed for Division I Lamar University tennis team in Beaumont, TX
- Grew up learning to play and teach tennis with the city of Colorado Springs public programs, was ranked as high at #4 in Colorado and #10 in Intermountain for junior tennis
Joe Frasca, Tennis Pro
- USPTA Certified Teaching Professional
- Liberty High School’s Boys Tennis Coach
- Avid tennis player, who is also District 20′s most famous, respected and loved PE teacher!
Deanna Thirkell, Tennis Pro
- Captain and #1 Singles player at Colorado College. She led the Tigers with a 16-6 record in singles play.
- Named Capital One Academic All-America in 2012
- Local tennis prodigy from Monument…known for her baseline-hugging strategy, and mental toughness on the court!
Rachel McLaughlin, Tennis Pro
- Hails from Wasson high school. Played #1 tennis singles, volleyball, diving, swimming and track – in the Wasson Hall of Fame – holla!
- Now at Colorado Mesa University, playing #4 singles for the women’s tennis team. 2012 CMU women’s tennis team went to nationals, top 16 in Division II
- No one knows the Memorial tennis program, past and present, better - worked as tennis staff for over 5 years. She is a natural teacher who shares the love of the game with our young Pee Wee players as well as our most talented adults
Shane Weaver, Tennis Pro
- Has been a member of the Memorial Park tennis staff for 4 summer seasons, also has coached at Flying Horse and the Lewis Tennis Academy in Ft. Collins.
- Works with all ages and abilities and enjoys teaching the life lessons that come with playing tennis!
- Starred at Air Academy High School and lettered varsity all 4 years. Was a 3-time regional champ finishing 4th and 5th at State Championships.
Duy Pham, Tennis Pro
- Another local tennis prodigy from Monument—so he loves tennis in the cold and wind–and was a 2-time state qualifier at Lewis-Palmer High School.
- Possesses the nastiest two-hand backhand imaginable!
- Currently competing at Colorado College for coach Todd Doebler and Anthony Weber
Contact us at (719) 385-6023 or at Weber@ColoradoSpringsTennis.com!
Note: The Memorial Park Tennis Center is under the direction of COS Tennis, the Memorial Park Tennis website is no longer available. Thank you.