Free Tennis Play Days!
Join us for a FREE day of tennis. Kids 14 and under come play with us, fun tennis games and activities, play with other kids, learn about the 10 and under tennis program incorporating smaller rackets, larger and lighter tennis balls and smaller nets. Rackets will be provided, prizes, & refreshments!
May 18th – Fields Park, Manitou Springs 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
May 25th – Memorial Park, Colorado Springs 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
“Love Our Tennis” Campaign
Anyone can help support tennis in the community through our sponsorship program – Corporate levels, team or player sponsorships or help take care of our city courts…any way you want to share your “love”, we are grateful. Click here to find out more!
COS Tennis 2012 Community Report: Revitalizing Public Tennis – Year 1
Click here to read about our first year highlights as we continue our commitment to revitalize public tennis in the Colorado Springs community. Review a summary of our programs, FREE tennis days and grant programs.
Free School Tennis Workshop
Thursday – February 22, 2013 – 4:00 to 6:30 pm – Taylor Elementary School (900 E. Buena Ventura St, COS/CO 80907)
This workshop is primary for elementary and middle school PE teachers, but anyone interested in learning more about 10 & under tennis is welcome to attend. Please spread the word to anyone you think may be interested, especially your child’s teacher.
- VOLUNTEER OPP! April 21st – BYOBrush—Paint the Tennis Center! We’re painting some of the tennis center and maybe the gazebos. If you can volunteer some time and bring a brush, we’d appreciate it. We’ll start at 9:00 AM and would love to see your shining faces!
- VOLUNTEER OPP ! April 28th – Wounded Warriors Tennis Workshop at Monument Valley Park from 10 AM – 5 PM. Just need people to help at the function…not necessarily tennis pros! Please email myself or Robin Jones at USTA (email@example.com) if you can make some time!
- April 28th – Recreational QuickStart Workshop at Memorial Park – For anyone who’d like to learn to teach the young kids with the new, exciting format of shorter courts and rackets, and bigger balls. Cost is $25, runs from 9-12:30. This would be great for any PE teachers, school coaches, anyone who’d love to volunteer AND people who have an interest in coaching at some point! My wife Kasey will be there as well—I would love to be there, but am out of town! Contact Diane at firstname.lastname@example.org to register!
- VOLUNTEER OPP! May 12 – “SpongeBall, SmallRacket” a free morning of kids tennis at Memorial Park from 10 AM – 12PM. To introduce parents and kids to the Under10/Quickstart format, check out the tennis center, meet the Weber’s, register for summer classes and have a little fun!
- May 12 - Adult Open House at Memorial from 1:00-3:00. Bring your rackets and come on down to hit a few balls. We’ll have some demo rackets out, some drills going on, and match play.
- Adult Challenge Ladder – The most flexible league of all. You play matches on your own time, not in designated slots. Email me your level (if unsure, just ask me), and contact info so we can begin this process!
- “Swingin’ Sundays” – This will be a relaxed mixed dubs event beginning the end of May, on Sunday mornings…check the website to keep posted. ALL LEVELS WELCOME!
- ALL SUMMER PROGRAMS KICK OFF MAY 28TH. If you sign up for lessons before the end of April, you receive 10% off.
- Finally, a hats off to a couple studs at Colorado College who were recently voted conference players of the week, freshman Robert Kasemodel, and senior/Monument native, Deanna Thirkell! Their season comes to an end in Little Rock the last weekend of April! Check out CCTigers.com!
January 2012 edition!
You’d figure this time of year that tennis is dead…and you’d be dead wrong!!! Some exciting things going down in the next few weeks, mark your calendars and get involved!
1. Sat. Feb. 11th at 2:00 is Afternoon Tea at The Broadmoor. This is a fundraiser for underserved youth tennis in our area, and features tea, a fashion show, and special speakers. It’s $30/person, or you can buy a table! More event info can be found here: http://www.facebook.com/events/120607458059433/ . RSVP by Friday Feb 3rd by calling The Broadmoor at 719-577-5847. Coach Weber will be gettin’ his strut on in the fashion show…ohhhh yeahhh!
2. Fri and Sat, Feb 24th and 25th is a Pro Tennis Exhibition event at Lifetime Fitness. Info is in the attached document. For the old timers, Rick Leach will be there, for you middle agers, Jeff Salzenstein (my high school hero) and Cecil Mamiit will be representing.
3. Colorado College Tennis – You are always welcome to swing by and watch practice…typically from 3-6 Monday-Friday. Unfortunately, because of construction on the new athletic center (with new tennis facility to come), we will not be hosting any matches in town, but the kids still need your support!
4. Air Force Academy Tennis – Beautiful indoor facility brings in great D1 competition…and their season has already begun! Admission is free, and they usually have target competition for the kiddos in the break between singles and doubles action. Schedule can be found here: http://www.goairforcefalcons.com/index-main.html
5. High school girls tennis begins the end of February, for schedules, check out www.gazettepreps.com!
6. As for tennis in the parks, please check out www.ColoradoSpringsTennis.com!
- The summer schedule on the website for adult and youth lessons ALL OVER TOWN that begin the end of May…there is a 10% discount for those who register by April 30th! Online registration should be up in the next month.
- Friend us on Facebook at ColoradoSpringsTennis.com!
- Adult USTA leagues are coming soon—
- How bout the best informal “league” of all—the challenge ladder! Email me if interested!
- Want to volunteer time to tennis in the community—let me know! We’ve been working at the Meadows Community Center for the past 6 weeks to introduce the game to a new set of kids, and having a blast doing it!
Finally, please always feel free to contact Director of Tennis Anthony Weber at (719) 323-5600, or at Weber@ColoradoSpringsTennis.com!!!
Contact us at (719) 385-6023 or at info@ColoradoSpringsTennis.com!
Note: The Memorial Park Tennis Center is under the direction of COS Tennis, the Memorial Park Tennis website is no longer available. Thank you.