Hired as the Director of Tennis for Colorado Springs in 2012 through a contract with Colorado Springs Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services and the Pikes Peak Community Tennis Association. In 2012 and 2013 he also partnered with El Paso County Parks and Manitou Springs Pool and Fitness to offer lessons at Bear Creek Regional Park and Fields Park in Manitou Springs. In addition to offering COS Tennis programming, Anthony is the assistant tennis coach at Colorado College for both men’s and women’s teams. He is a Professional Tennis Registry (PTR) certified tennis professional and also a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (C.S.C.S.) through the National Strength and Conditioning Association.
As a kid Anthony began playing tennis through the very same Colorado Springs Parks and Recreation program, spending countless days on public courts all over town. He is a former Palmer Terror and as a junior player he was ranked as high as #4 in the State of Colorado and #10 in Inter-mountain. Anthony went on to compete in Division I tennis at Lamar University in Beaumont, TX. He and his wife, Kasey, have two boys – Jackson (6) and Ty (2)…who you’ll see plenty of at the pro-shop at Memorial Park.
What is COSTennis?
Our vision is for an energetic, healthy and progressive program that thrives on providing opportunities, friendships and growth in the tennis community.
Our mission is promoting and encouraging the playing and enjoyment of tennis for all ages, abilities and backgrounds in the Pikes Peak community.
Our values are:
- To be welcoming to all ages, abilities and backgrounds.
- To provide a positive atmosphere, encouraging all those who want to play tennis.
- To have a progressive and contemporary approach to promoting the sport.
- To develop in all tennis players stronger skills, better health and an enriched approach to life.
- To continually improve the program and its players.
- To engage in continuous communication with the public utilizing the facilities and program.
Our goals are:
- To contribute to the health and vitality of the community by raising the profile of tennis.
- To make the sport of tennis more readily accessible and affordable to the local community.
- To increase participation through the development and implementation of recreational and competitive tennis programs and events.
- To facilitate opportunities for people to develop their tennis playing abilities and to progress in the sport.
- To provide a welcoming, safe, responsible and relaxing atmosphere for community members.
- To encourage more people, particularly youth, to play tennis.
- To maximize each child’s the full potential in a fun and nurturing environment.
- To help youth foster a positive, competitive spirit and to empower them to become strong and confident individuals.
- To provide coaching personnel who are knowledgeable, friendly and love to teach the game.
- To promote responsibility, sportsmanship, and fun.
What is the Pikes Peak Community Tennis Association?
Pikes Peak Community Tennis Association works in partnership with Colorado Springs Parks, Recreation, and Cultural Services and COSTENNIS as the administrator for all city tennis programs. PPCTA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with a mission to promote the sport of tennis to all citizens of the Pikes Peak region, regardless of age, economic status, or cultural background.
Contact us at (719) 385-6023 or at info@ColoradoSpringsTennis.com!